FR1002 Candle Effects IC
The FR1002 is an advanced special effects integrated circuit (IC) designed to simulate the flickering pattern of a candle flame. This IC is specifically designed for OEM and amateur applications and is extremely easy to use. The IC requires a nominal 5V VCC voltage and its output connects directly to the gate of a logic-level N-channel MOSFET transistor which can drive both single LEDs as well as multiple LED string arrays. The FR1002 can also drive MOSFETs which control incandescent and halogen lights as well.
The FR1002 utilizes a true random flicker algorithm that never repeats and thus increases the realism of the internal pattern generator. The FR1002 features our most accurate flicker pattern generator and provides a very organic (smooth) candle flicker output. The FR1001 Candle Effects IC, on the otherhand, produces a harsher, more exaggerated flicker output which is suited for applications where a very noticeable flicker pattern is required.
- Operates from 4.5 to 5.5VDC
- Compatible with most logic-level N-channel MOSFET transistors
- Designed for driving LEDs, incandescent, and halogen lights (with proper MOSFET)
- Simple operation - Requires only 3 connections!
- Available in both a DIP-8 (thru-hole) and SOIC-8 (surface-mount) package
- Single mode flicker operation
- Halloween attractions
- Dark rides and attractions
- Lanterns and flashlights
- Museum and stage special effects
- Props and animatronics
- Jack O'Lanterns
Price and Ordering
$4.99 EA (10 for $39.99, 100 for $299.99)
Please click on the following link to add this product to your shopping cart.
Product Video and Examples