FR1001 Candle Effects IC
The FR1001 is an advanced special effects integrated circuit (IC) designed to simulate the flickering pattern of a candle flame. This IC is specifically designed for OEM and amateur applications and is extremely easy to use. The IC requires a nominal 5V VCC voltage and its output connects directly to the gate of a logic-level N-channel MOSFET transistor which can drive both single LEDs as well as multiple LED string arrays. The FR1001 can also drive MOSFETs which control incandescent and halogen lights as well.
The FR1001 utilizes a true random flicker algorithm that never repeats and thus increases the realism of the integrated pattern generator. The FR1001 features a more exaggerated flicker pattern than the FR1002 Candle Effects IC and is specially suited for applications where a very noticeable flicker pattern is required. The FR1002 Candle Effects IC has a more subtle and organic flicker pattern.
- Operates from 4.5 to 5.5VDC
- Compatible with most logic-level N-channel MOSFET transistors
- Designed for driving LEDs, incandescent, and halogen lights (with proper MOSFET)
- Simple operation - Requires only 3 connections!
- Available in both a DIP-8 (thru-hole) and SOIC-8 (surface-mount) package
- Single mode flicker operation
- Halloween attractions
- Dark rides and attractions
- Lanterns and flashlights
- Museum and stage special effects
- Props and animatronics
- Jack O'Lanterns
Price and Ordering
$3.99 EA (10 for $29.99, 100 for $199.99)
Please click on the following link to add this product to your shopping cart.
Product Video and Examples